FRC Team 4931 is going to have its first meeting of the 2015-2016 season to talk about a number of activities for this fall:
- Our fall meeting schedule.
- Status of Lewis & Clark and the FabLab and some of the projects we can work on for them.
- Strongback, a new open source project for a Java library that simplifies robot Java code and makes it easier to use the WPILib framework. The code is ready, but we need to complete an initial website, and then we can launch via Twitter, evilletech.com, Chief Delphi, etc.
- Gateway Robotics Challenge is October 17 at Hazelwood Central. We have to fix the robot and register.
- Possible partnership with the St. Louis Zoo to design and build telepresence robots.
- Outreach and recruitment, including an open house for parents and prospective team members, participating in the Ed/Glen Chamber Halloween parade, displaying at Goshen Market, how to recruitment more high school students.
- Fundraising news and deadlines.
These are just some of the exciting activities for the team to consider this fall. Plus, we have to think about how to prepare for the competition season that starts in very early January.
Sound interesting? We hope to see all our past students and mentors, as well as any high school student in the Edwardsville and surrounding area!
WHEN: Thursday, August 20 at 7PM
WHERE: Room N4 119, Lewis & Clark N.O. Nelson Campus, 600 Troy Rd, Edwardsville IL 62025
See you there!